beautiful photo by Sharon Giordano - mouse over to see the original
Hello to all my fellow Texture Tuesday peeps! I’m Sharon Giordano with a guest post today.
If you’re like me, you’re a fan of Kim. And I’m so grateful to her to allow me to share with you today in this wonderful space. In addition to Texture Tuesday, I’ve been taking some of Kim’s classes and I’m totally wowed! I’m truly amazed at all she does but through her, we can each learn more in our individual journeys as well as connect with a great group of like-minded creatives. I get so inspired by all of your work too!
This week’s theme is Free & Easy. The only requirement is that your image must contain at least one layer of any of Kim’s wonderful textures. As a newsletter subscriber, I’ve amassed many beautiful textures – if you’re not yet a subscriber, I encourage you to sign up today! If you need more information about using textures, Kim has some great video tutorials here too.
I chose today’s image because I wanted to share a bit of beauty with each of you. Flowers always delight me; I hope they bring a smile to your face. So how did I create today’s image? Simply by doing this:
1. Duplicate layer
2. Levels adjustment to intensify the black a bit
3. Add Kim’s texture “Word” at soft light mode with 55% opacity
4. Duplicate the “Word” layer at soft light mode with 48% opacity, then erase the texture over the roses and vase at 89% opacity
5. New layer to add a vignette around the border using the brush tool (tip: use the eye dropper tool to select a color from your photo, then lighten or darken as necessary)
6. Add text; I used the font Prestige Elite
Next week is the first Tuesday of the month and the theme is always Anything Goes. This means you are free to link up any photo you like…textured, not textured, iPhone, edited, unedited…simply link up a fav photo. How much easier could it be?!
New to Texture Tuesdays? Here's the short and sweet TT rules.
* please link directly to your TT post, not to your main blog url or flickr stream. Please do not link to your online shop.
* please link back to the Café. You can grab the TT button HERE, if you wish.
* please visit the other TT participants and leave them some comment love. Remember it's a party.... and what's a linky party without lots of comment love? Right!
Thanks so much for being here today – it’s a pleasure to be part of this community. I’m looking forward to seeing what you’ve come up with this week. And don’t forget to share a little beauty today!
Sharon Giordano has loved taking photos since she was a child using her dad’s Kodak Brownie. Now that she’s grown up, she loves her DSLR and is trying to figure out how to manage over 50,000 photos currently on her computer. You’ll find her dreaming and blogging at A Fanciful Life.
Big thanks... Sharon for hosting this week's TT. So happy to have you here....
Please.... leave Sharon some love in the comments...and pop on over to her site to say hello..... There's nothing sweeter than a little love and encouragement along the way. Don't you think? :)
Thank you again Sharon.... and big thanks to each of you that join in!
p.s. If you would like to be a Texture Tuesday Guest Host, please send your submissions my way. For further details click HERE.