mouse over to see the before image
Welcome to Day 1 of the '12 days of Textures'. I'm super excited about this!!
I have more than textures to share with you over the next few weeks.
I will be posting part 2 of 'my story'.... I have some new offerings to tell you about....and I thought I'd share a little Christmas tour of our home.... I'm almost done decorating..... woo hoo!
Let's ease into it all..... and start simply with our Day 1 texture ~ Lilly.....
I used 'lilly' on my image above.... Here's the easy-peasy recipe. Lilly did all the work on this one.
- Layer 1 - Image (white balance and exposure edited in lightroom)
- Layer 2 - Lilly at soft light 100%
- Layer 3 - Blank layer at soft light blend mode. Painted black using a soft round brush at 80% opacity to faux burn the left side of the image.
- Layer 4 - Black and white adjustment layer at soft light 45% opacity.
- Layer 5 - Final curves adjustment to darken the inside of the image.
- Layer 6 - Added the quote.
Okay I'm going to leave you here....
Feel free to use the 'inlinkz gadget below' to share your '12 days of textured photos' only throughout this series, . Please link back to the series. The gadget will remain open until December 25th.
You are welcome to right click and copy the 12 day banner above if you wish or grab the button code at the bottom of this post.
Basic texture party rules apply.... :) Your image must contain one of the textures from the 12 day's series.
Click HERE to download 'Lilly'.
I will be back again tomorrow with your Day 2 texture and some holiday decorating photos.
New to the Café and Textures? Wanna build your texture stash, check out the 2011 Texture Collection.
Get the saving's details HERE.
Share a 12 day button on your site if you like.