scroll down for a Texture Tuesday Update
Yep… today I am 44 years old. I can't believe it. I honestly have to do the math every time the subject of my age comes up. But perhaps 44 will be an easier number to remember….. double 4's and all. :)
I'm taking cues from Xanthe..and many bloggers out and about….and making a birthday list… of 44 wishes…dreams… goals…… 44… yikes… it'd be a little easier if I were turning 30.
If you've been following my site for awhile…you know I believe in writing things down… it makes things happen…. So enough said… Here is….
My 44 Things - in no particular order.
- see my kids find their way to what they love.
- make the white room a semi-official photo studio….. take out the bed and add a lovely pouffy….white sofa. Take time to just BE in that space.
- continue to grow and evolve in my art and photography.
- touch people's hearts.
- connect in person with many of the amazing people I've met through my site and Beyond Layers.
- paint more of our old home white….it makes everything prettier.
- paint the kitchen cabinets, get new countertops and an apron front sink.
- visit NYC.
- visit New England.
- visit Europe - so many places i want to see and photograph.
- plan a family trip somewhere dreamy and awesome.
- meet Phoebe in person.
- live in a loft.
- travel and teach.
- start an outreach program in my community.
- go to Alt Summit.
- go to this conference.
- journal gratitude daily… I'm so random about it.
- create an iphone texture app.
- live fully…. not frantically.
- visit the east and west coast of Canada.
- Spend more time in real life with my fellow sisters.
- continue to love my work.
- drive a mini cooper? perhaps?
- perhaps a larger studio? maybe? maybe not?
- take people pictures.
- build my faith.
- own time…rather than it owning me.
- live fully…with purpose. 'do my one life well' ~ Ann Voskamp
- nourish my relationships.
- take time off to just BE.
- buy this lens
- laugh more…. serious less.
- have a book published.
- learn inDesign, illustrator, FinalCut
- organize my digital files.
- hire a VA (virtual assistant)
- be less freaked out about the businessy part of my business. trust the right person, grow organically.
- license my photos more extensively.
- print more of my photos, frame and appreciate them.
- paint one wall of the studio with chalkboard paint.
- be fully open to the possibilities.
- make more films.....
- sit on a beach with other creatives and just soak up the energy.
It doesn't have to be your birthday to make a wish list..... Why not make one today? And if you do.... be sure to pop by and share a link... I'd love to read your list too.
p.s. wise words -
The best in life isn’t somewhere else. It’s right where you are, at this moment. There is nothing better than exactly that.
Pause for just 10 seconds, and notice where you are, what you’re doing, who you are, at this very moment. Notice that you are breathing, and how lovely that is. Notice that you can smile, and feel the joy in that. Notice the good things around you. Give thanks for the people you’ve seen today. Celebrate the perhaps not altogether insignificant fact that you are alive.
This moment, and who you are, is absolutely perfect.
Texture Tuesday will be back next week.... May 8th....
Watch for a special surprise guest/give away post....coming soon.