Huntington Beach, CA...... a dream-filled place......
It's no secret, I love Lightroom. It's completely changed my workflow. It's really is an incredible program…BIG… full of options…. from importing, organizing, editing and output… LR is a one stop photographer's shop.
Not to worry...… I still LOVE photoshop…..I'm sure that will never change.
Now days, I do 100% of my organizing in Lightroom, about 85% of my editing in Lightroom and then into photoshop for the finishing touches…such as adding text and texture……
The 2 programs work hand in hand so seamlessly…. It's just so cool.
Lightroom is a BIG program….. and takes some determination to learn… But I believe it's worth all the time and effort… in time you will wonder how you ever lived without it…..
My new course Round Trip is a lightroom/photoshop class. I'm so excited about it.....
Here are just a few of the lovely things people are saying about this class.
This was the best class! So practical, so needed! I have taken Lightroom classes from everywhere(kelby, nevada weir, lynda.com...) and though they were all good you ALWAYS manage to make it so practical. "This is what you do and why you do it and one step at a time and dont bother with this stuff because I dont use it and this is why". I now have the essentials of Lightroom under my belt and ready to use and I love it. You are such a gifted teacher ... and you could make big bucks on that soothing voice ...radio, tv, voiceovers ... :-) Thank you for yet another one Kim ... you are truly awesome! I cant imagine what else you have up your sleeve for classes, but no doubt I'll be signed up.
Thanks from England too, I was on the verge of leaving Lightroom, forgetting I had ever installed it, but wow I am so pleased your course came along when it did, amazing, I am totally hooked on LR, I have learnt just so much. Many many thanks, I would highly recommend this to anybody who has or is thinking of why use Lightroom? Awesome! Thnks Kim.
Okie doke.... here are....
10 Reasons I Love Lightroom.
1. First, I love that when I open up lightroom every photo I've ever taken is visible with just a click of the mouse….. no photos hidden in folders....So awesome.
2. i love that finally after years of images here there and everywhere I have them organized on one external drive, easy to find.
3. I love that when I insert my memory card lightroom helps me to place them into a perfect folder structure with only a few clicks.
4. Collections… oh my….. so awesome… with a few clicks in the collections panel I can tell lightroom to place my images into custom collection folders.. Images at my fingertips based on my personal settings. Thank you lightroom.
4. I love the magical develop options… every thing I'd ever need.... at my fingertips….. it's truly magical.
5. I love the awesome preset options…. no need to repeat the same steps over and over in LR. The preset features eliminate all the repetiviteness… once I create a little image magic…. I can save my settings with a few clicks and reuse that preset over and over again.
6. I love that I can make lovely layouts for my blog in only minutes. seriously… minutes…. such an incredible feature.
9 I love the slideshow module…. so easy to make a pretty collection of all your photos. the book module allows you to create the most fabulous blurb books…. I just created my first the other day…. starring Ben.
10. Last but not least… I love how Lightroom integrates with my other love… Photoshop….. a perfect dance…..
I want you all to love Lightroom too…. and I'd love to teach it to you in my easy to follow way…..
Click HERE to register for Round Trip…. It begins on October 30th. Are you in?