taken with nikon d700 105mm macro f/2.8
Happiest Friday sweet friends!
How was your week? I hope fabulous.
I wanted to pop in and say hello... thank you all for the amazing response to my 'silence' posting. Wow, I so love that I am not alone. I honestly don't have a lot of 'real-life' friends who understand my silence and solitude. So it's wonderful to know that there are others out there who embrace the silence.
Today I had an email from a beautiful reader, who is going through an incredibly difficult time. I want to dedicate this post to her.
I too know how difficult life can be. And sometimes it's very hard to get out from under the doom and sadness. Believe, me, I know! In fact, I spent almost 2 years of my life, living under sadness, fear and worry. They were my rulers! All of the worry, concern, sadness....accomplished nothing. The storm roared on. If I could go back, I'm not sure how I would have handled it. Maybe no differently. But in time, eventually, sooner or later, the storm did pass. We made it to the other side.
taken with nikon d700 24-70 mm lens and processed with italy texture from the studio collection
Looking back, I give thanks for the storm. It lead me to this life. It lead me to photography and to all of you.
The one thing I hope to do differently, when the next storm arises..... Is to stop and try to find something to give thanks for, each and every day. I'm learning this beautiful lesson from Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts. Thank you Ann and thank you God. It's easy to have a grateful heart when life is good. It's much more difficult to do when you are in the midst of a storm. 'sigh'
taken with nikon d700 24-70mm
Enough said..... Here are
10 quotes we can trust.
- 'He who breathes deepest lives most.' Elizabeth Barret Browning
- 'No one has ever become poor by giving.' - Anne Frank
- 'An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one.' - Charles Horton Cooley
- 'After a storm comes a calm.' - Matthew Henry
- 'Face your fears and doubts, and new worlds will open to you.' - Robert Kiyosaki
- 'Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right.' - Henry Ford
- 'Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm.'
- 'In the beauty of nature lies the spirit of hope.'
- 'Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose.' - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- 'Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.' - Leo F. Buscaglia
I'd love to continue the list. Share a quote or words of wisdom that we all can trust in the comments below and I will put them together in a follow-up at the bottom of this posting.
I'm still clicking thru the TT link ups. I'm totally in awe of the beauty you all are sharing!
The Art of Texture class starts next week! I'd love to have you in class.
I will be back this weekend with your new texture.... I promise.
p.s. I'm over at Shutter Sisters today....sharing a confession. Come say hi.....